In Marketing, we make sure everything Tesco does is based on our customers. And that we're up to date on the latest trends. It's a broad remit so this programme will give you exposure to lots of different aspects of marketing. But fundamentally, this is all about communication, and learning how to engage with customers through advertising, local store marketing and the Tesco Clubcard. We're an all-action, all-inclusive operation that'll take you to the heart of our business.
What will you be doing?
Put simply: a huge and varied amount. We'll give you the opportunity to explore a wide selection of areas, working in the teams we've outlined below. But don't worry; you'll get support every step of the way. You'll be based at our Head Offices, possibly with some travel to our sites in Crawley and Milton Keynes.
- Our Customer Insight team keeps an eye on customer behaviour, attitudes and trends to help us keep our customers' interests at the centre of everything we do. You'll jump right into a wide range of projects, including new strategies to keep Tesco at the top of the market charts.
Local and Stores Marketing
- The Local and Stores Marketing teams cover two different areas. The Local Marketing team is in charge of local campaigns that support new store and refurbishment programmes. On the other hand, the Stores Marketing team helps us to understand local customer needs so we can deliver the best Tesco store possible. They also work closely with our property and retail teams.
- It's the role of Brand Marketing to create a stir about Tesco. Advertising, publishing, point of sale are just a few of the channels we use to make sure Tesco is the brand everyone's talking about. So you could be helping to create the latest TV or newspaper adverts, get involved in the production of the Tesco magazine, or put together a calendar of events for our stores.
Tesco and Clubcard Reward
- It seems everyone's got a Tesco Clubcard these days. That's why the Clubcard and Tesco Clubcard Reward teams are so important. They look after 13 million Clubcard customers and more than two million members of other Tesco clubs. It'll be your job to make sure they all receive mailings with vouchers, coupons and other useful info.
Online and Digital
- The Online and Digital team is made up of both our General Merchandise Online and Online Grocery functions. This includes Web Development, Web Operations, Digital Marketing, and Online Clothing. This team has built an ecommerce platform from scratch to become one of the largest trading platforms in the country.
Media Publishing Centre
- Our very own Media Publishing Centre specialises in creating innovative media that we can use across the entire business. This could be as diverse as writing attention-grabbing text for a customer brochure or a food photo shoot in our purpose-built studio. Whether it's video production, copywriting or photography, you'll have the chance to work within a wide range of areas.
Where can you go from here?
During the eighteen-month programme, you'll gain hands-on experience and undertake world-class training. There'll be plenty of variety to your role and, by the end of the programme, you'll have gained the confidence to take on your first management position.
What are we looking for?
- A 2:1 in any discipline and 320 UCAS points
- The analytical, numerical and team-working skills it takes to make the right decisions
- A creative and innovative approach
- The ability to communicate complex information and get along with people at all levels
- A full driving licence and the right to work in the UK
To find out more about the process, go to our apply section or if you're ready to take things further:
This programme is now closed.